Prep Time: 20 mins No Cooking
- 1 can Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Chilli, halve the sardines and retain the olive oil & chilli
- 2 Lebanese or 1 Japanese cucumbers, deseeded and cut into 2inch batons
- 1 tsp salt
- 60ml rice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli padi, finely chopped
- Chilli from sardines tin, chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Extra virgin olive oil from the sardines can
- 4 tbsp brown sugar or to taste
- Rub salt into cucumber and set aside for 5 minutes. Drain off liquid and rinse. Squeeze off excess liquid from cucumber.
- Mix pickling liquid ingredients and stir until sugar dissolves. Toss with sardines, cucumber and chilli to serve.
Tips: You can eat it with toast, crackers, salad or as an appetizer.