Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time 15 mins
- 1 can Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, halve the sardines and retain olive oil for cooking
- 2 cm fresh young ginger
- 1 stalk spring onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- Sugar to taste
- Arrange sardines on a heat proof dish.
- Blend ginger and oil from sardines to form a paste.
- Heat oil in pan and lightly fry paste until fragrant.
Pour mixture on top of sardines and steam for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat soya sauce and water and add sugar to taste.
- When sardines are ready, pour soya mixture over them and serve hot.