Makes 6 – 7 sandwiches
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 can (120g) Ayam Brand™ Sardines in extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (from the sardines’ can)
- 1 tsp. red onion
- 1 big tomato
- 1 peeled cucumber
- 2 tsps. lime juice
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- Loaf bread
- 1 salad bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 fork
- 1 plate
- 1 shaper
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon
- Finely slice the onion, the tomato and cucumber. Get an adult to assist you with this!
- Drain the sardines and keep the extra virgin olive oil from the sardine can in the small bowl.
- In the salad bowl, mash the entire sardines.
- Add in the onion, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and white pepper.
- Now comes the fun bit: Shape the bread!
- Spread the sardine mix onto the one side of the shaped bread using the teaspoon.
- Top it with slices of tomato and cucumber and close the sandwich with the remaining shaped bread.
- Put sandwich onto a nice plate and decorate it to your heart desire.
Suggestion: Put coriander or parsley. Can’t wait any longer? Grab a bite now!
I Love it : For the special shape - I did it all by myself.
It is just amazingly healthy: No added fat, no added salt, well balanced (fiber, protein, vegetables), contain nutritional benefits from sardines (Omega 3) and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Vitamins A,D,K,E).
Prefer it spicy?
Choose Ayam Brand™ Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Chilli
Wondering why Ayam Brand™ Sardines taste really good in cans and can be stored for so long?
Canned foods are the best way to preserve texture, presentation and good taste of processed food for long time without preservatives!
How? Through sterilization. Sterilization was invented long time ago by a French Chef in 1810 to preserve perishable foods in a stable form that can be stored and shipped to distant markets during all months of the year.
The process is simple: cans go through long hour heating in high temperature. The heating process kills the bacteria and preserves the food. The product is therefore safe to consume with no preservatives added.