Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time 15 mins
- 1 can Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, retain olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 red chilli padi, sliced
- 3 stalks fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 long brinjal, cut into 2 inch batons
- 100ml water
- Fish sauce and sugar to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 3 tbsp water (optional)
- Heat some oil in pan and fry brinjal till golden brown. Drain off excess oil on paper towel.
- In another wok, heat olive oil from sardines can and fry garlic and chilli padi until fragrant.
- Next, add in brinjal, basil and sardines followed by water and simmer for 3 minutes. Season with fish sauce and sugar to taste, thicken sauce with a little corn flour mixture if desired.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.