Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time 15 mins
- 1 can Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Chilli
- 60g gula Melaka, crushed
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Oil for cooking
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 red chilli padi
- Extra virgin olive oil and chilli from the sardines can
- 5 shallots
- Blend spices with spicy olive oil from the sardines can.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the blended ingredients till fragrant. Add in gula Melaka, fish sauce and 4 tbsp water. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly. Season to taste with fish sauce.
- Gently stir in lime juice followed by sardines, turn up heat a little and cook until sauce coats sardines.
- Serve hot with rice or crusty bread.